Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Man With A Plan

Bun's class prepared all the readings for school mass last week.  It was the first time that the kindergarten was in charge of the readings, and Bun was excited to get picked for the first reading.

He practiced and practiced, and he did an excellent job.  Apparently, reading at church started to give him ideas, because later that night he came home and this conversation transpired:

Bun:  I know what I'm doing with my life.

Me: Great! What's your plan?

Bun: On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, I will be a geography teacher.  And on Friday and Sunday, I will be a priest.

Me: Hmm, I'm not sure it works like that.

Rob (in the other room): "Father, can you help us with Holy Thursday mass?" "Nope, sorry, not a priest on Thursdays, remember?"

Me: What about Saturday night mass, Bun?  Won't you do that?

Bun:  Ohhhh, yeah! I forgot about Saturday night!  Okay, then I will be a priest starting around 2 or 2:30 on Saturday.  But not before that.

Me (laughing): Yeah, I bet a lot of priests might like Saturday morning and afternoon to themselves.

Bun: Exactly.




2 comments:

  1. I do believe there are some Catholic high school left with priests teaching, so it's not at all out of the realm of possibility. My two older sons had the same priest for world history as my husband. Fr. Bennett was there a long time. And he celebrated our wedding Mass. Definitely doable, young sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:28 PM

    I usually don't comment on your posts. I wander over to your blog when I need a laugh. Your kids' antics crack me up!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say it. You know you want to.